Vermont DVR: ACRE-Certified Training Series
- The course syllabus
- Course overview
- A pre-and post-course self-evaluation checklist
- Role of the instructor
- Role of Mentor to support trainees
Illinois DVR: Agency-Developed Staff Training
Illinois DVR developed a training for their Business Engagement and Services Team (BEST). Their training activities included a survey, introductory webinars for supervisors and participants, a statewide kick-off training, and regional training in four locations. Illinois DVR's training initatives are based on their commitment to having a well-educated and supported staff through ongoing, progressive training and education.
- Business Terminology
- Making Business Connections: Regional training curriculum
- Business Profile
- Responding to Employer Objections
Texas Workforce Commission: Dual-Customer Staff Training
The Texas Workforce Commission developed a training on dual-customer approaches to the staff and partners enhance employee workplace skills and productivity. The comprehensive training focuses on VR's interaction with consumers and businesses and has the following performace objectives:
- Explain the Dual Customer Approach and why it is important.
- Describe the role of the National Employment Team (NET) and its significance on VR outcomes.
- Coordinate with the Business Relations Team (BRT) to serve our customers.
- Apply strategies that develop business partners and engage employers.
- Identify local labor market opportunities.
- Designate VR services that support the needs of business partners.
View the Texas Workforce Commission's full training guide on Dual-Customer Approaches.